What? Me? Worry?

 

Mad30

EC Publications; web source: http://www.madcoversite.com/mad030.html - Fair Use

…  Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. – Matthew 6:28 

Someone has said that weeds are flowers we didn’t plant. 

That is not always true, but it sometimes is. We get so orderly and systematic in our gardening that we forget that there is nothing more beautiful than a field of wildflowers in an untended meadow. 

Untended? 

Indeed not. They have the most proficient and attentive gardener of all, the Lord God Almighty, our Father, who created them. 

What Jesus wanted us to know is that we also are part of God’s garden and God is tending and caring for us. 

He wanted us to know that we can trust God and that in trusting Him, we abandon the need for worry. 

I love the word, “kindergarten.” We all know what it is, but we don’t all know what it means. It is, literally, a “children’s garden,” or better still, a “garden of children.” It is a place where children grow. 

Are we not God’s children? Is God not watching over us as a dedicated kindergarten teacher watches over the young lives in her charge? 

That leave us with another question: 

“What am I so worried about?” 

Good question. 

------------------

At some point, we join Alfred E. Newman in declaring, "What? Me worry?" We do it for different reasons but by following the same logic trail, ours on the premises of truth. The answer is that nothing can be done to us by man that can destroy us."

" The LORD is on my side; I will not fear.
What can man do to me?
The LORD is on my side as my helper;
I shall look in triumph on those who hate me."
(Psalm 118:6-7 ESV)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bluefish TV :: BLOG