Everything Must Go

Everything? "What am I willing to lose in order to gain all?" The parables of the treasure in the field and the pearl of unspeakable worth all lead to the question. Everything must go? What does that include? What is best? What does your heart desire most? Who are you made to be? What are you made to do? What is worth more than everything else in your life? What is in the way of you becoming who you really are? It is one thing to say that I sell it all and divest myself of all my other treasures. That I do in the most generalized possible way. It is a broad stroke, without any threat. But then I start digging into the piles of specificity and it hurts to part with old ideas, false concepts of who I am, preferences, amusements, possessions, attitudes, and patterns of living. These have been my treasures for a long, long time. Whether you are a faith walker or a just an honest lover of truth wherever it is found, there is a principle that can aid you in your journey. There is only so much you can carry with you toward your purpose, goal, and ultimate destiny. You have to let some things go in order to gain what you most desire and require. You have to give up a great deal of good on the quest for the best. For Jesus followers, this is the kingdom of God. For everyone, it is something and it is right in front of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bluefish TV :: BLOG