The ocassional journal of a pastor-writer-motivator observing the wonders and absurdities of life and celebrating the opportunities that abound every day.
The Dunning-Kruger Effect
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I don't know much, but I do know enough to know that I suspect that I think that this might be right to the best of my knowledge :)
Actually, we seem to often be pretty lazy thinkers.
Drink it in; be lifted, be moved; be inspired; worship! This is the start of a concert that Rich Mullins did in Lufkin Texas. Some excerpts from this concert made it to the homeless man video also available on You Tube. Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6
Christian News: In Memoriam: Dr. Gerald May 1940-2005 Thanks to you, Dave Kelly, for bringing Gerald May's life and death to my attention. I was looking for Gerald May online since it had been some time since we had corresponded and I was no longer receiving the newsletter from Shalem. I was very sad to learn that Jerry died in 2005. Shalem Institute's tribute to him includes a link to some of his writings. While he was on staff in our former sister forum, Religious Issues, many of us became friends with Jerry. It was during that time that he battled with prostate cancer. I remember his courage and grace during that time. More than anything, I have been enriched by Jerry's writing - especially " Addiction and Grace." Writing from the perspective of a psychiatrist and a man of deep faith, Jerry grasps the dynamics of addiction in all its dimensions with rare insight. Dave Kelly offers a fitting tribute in his blog as well. Jerry's own words are summarized as M...
Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. (Revelation 3:2) Harry was discouraged. He fostered such high hopes for progress when he began his life of discipleship. Along the way, he had not met all of his goals. He had experienced the limitations of the flesh and had felt the sting of rebuke. Now, as he evaluated his spiritual progress, all he saw was regress. He had the right answers. On the outside, he seemed like an ideal Christian. On the inside, he was spiritually dead and emotionally drained. "What's the use?" he muttered as he threw up his hands in despair. Then for some reason, he began reading the book of Revelation. His eyes fell upon these words of Jesus to a church whose spiritual condition sounded much like his own. Sardis looked alive on the outside, but was dead on the inside. Jesus' words to that church spoke to that glimmer of spiritual life in Harry's heart. ...
Comments